Licensed Movers

How to Find Licensed Movers

Moving Season is approaching and selecting a federally licensed moving company can be easy. Being an informed consumer, you can save money and avoid potential headaches later. People depend on search engines such as Google, Yelp, and other Search platforms for licensed movers. None of these platforms verify licenses. Do a google search for Movers Brentwood TN. You will see multiple moving companies posted that they are movers in Brentwood, TN. The fastest way to verify a moving company is a licensed movers is through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Once you search Movers Brentwood, TN through the FMCSA website. You will see that the only Federally Licensed Movers is Cool Springs Relocation.

Cool Springs Relocation are Licensed Movers

Only Two Federally Licensed Movers in All of Brentwood – Franklin TN. Cool Springs Relocation and Two Men and a Truck are the only two. I was shocked.

According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the number of complaints has been filed against movers lately has been growing. Many of which are due to the “fraudulent practices… of rogue movers in Nashville”

Here are tips to help you

• In-person estimates in writing — Do not get estimates over the phone or Internet as they may be unenforceable and not take into account all moving costs.
• Be alert for extra fees and charges—moving costs are mainly based on the amount/weight of items you are moving and the distance of your move. There may be additional charges for travel time, booking fees, stair charges, storage, unpacking, additional insurance coverage and special issues such as stairs or more expensive or difficult items. Make sure you understand all charges and ask questions.
• Research the company—check if the company is registered with the State of Tennessee or the U.S. Department of Transportation (for interstate moves); what types of services the company offers; how long the company has been in business; and the company’s reputation for services and handling disputes. Only use licensed moving companies.
• Don’t pay a large deposit—you should pay upon delivery.

Licensed Movers Additional Resources

If you would like to file a consumer complaint against an intrastate moving company, you should contact the  The U.S. Department of Transportation also provides helpful information on interstate moves. You can check if a moving company is authorized for interstate moves by checking the USDOT web site. If you have a complaint about a moving company performing an interstate move, and you are not able to resolve the problem directly with the moving company, you can file a complaint with the USDOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.